HEART OF PINELLAS DECORATIVE ARTISTS
1. Membership dues shall be $15.00 per year. Renewal membership shall be payable September 1st and delinquent January 1st. A $5.00 late fee will be charged to renewing members paying after December1.
New members dues will be prorated, depending on when member joins. January 1st to April 30th - $15.00; May 1st to August 31st - $10.00; September to December 31st - $5.00.
2. The financial records of this organization shall be kept on a calendar year basis from January 1st through December 31st.
3. Business meetings shall be held not less than four times (4) times annually. Normally the organization meets the second Saturday every month with the exception of December.
4. The Chapter shall have (3) valid signatures on file with the bank with two (2) required on all checks. The three (3) signatures will be President, First Vice President and Treasurer.
5. The First Vice President shall serve as program chairperson, assist the president and preside in the absence of the president.
6. The second vice president shall serve as membership chairperson and preside in the absence of the president and first vice president.
7. The most recent past president remains as a non-voting member of the Board of Directors as an advisor for one (1) year.
8. Non-member guests and non-resident society guests may visit the organization not more than two (2) times each year without payment of the dues to the organization.
9. Members in good standing may appear before and after the business meeting to sell decorative art and decorative art related
items using designated space.
10. Members in good standing shall be defined as a person whose National dues and Chapter dues are current.
11. Members running for an elected office must be in good standing and have attended at least three meetings during the calendar year.
12. Funny money will be given to members as an incentive to perform services that benefit the chapter.
A. Funny money may be spent at a “Country Store” that will
be stocked with donated art related products. The “Country
Store” will be open a minimum of once a year.
13. An educational table will be available for teachers and shop owners in good standing to display class projects, visiting teachers schedules from the National Society, etc., related to the arts. Informational handout from National Society or industry manufacturers may also be placed on the tables for all members.
14. The chapter will electronically transmit, or if requested, mail a monthly newsletter to members.
15. The minutes of the preceding monthly meeting shall be published in the newsletter each month or available to members at the next business meeting, so it will not be necessary to read aloud at the meeting for approval.
16. The treasurer’s report shall be made available to the membership or published in the newsletter each month so it will not be necessary to read aloud at the meeting for approval.
17. All checks will be valid when tendered. No postdated checks will be accepted. A minimum of
$25.00 or the actual charges incurred by the chapter, whichever is greater, will be charged to any member whose check is returned unpaid.
18. Seminars shall be open to all chapter members in good standing.
A deposit is required for each day of seminar. Balances must be paid 30 days prior to the seminar.
A. If spaces are open 90 days prior to the seminar, they can be filled by any SDP member.
B. All checks must be valid when tendered.*
C. Wait List* - A separate check in the full amount must be written for each class for which you would like to register. These checks will be held and only submitted if an opening becomes available.
D. No seminar monies will be refunded. Seminar space is not
transferable if there is a wait list. If no waiting list, a transfer
must be approved by the seminar chairperson. Under special circumstances, a refund may be granted with the approval of the Board of Directors.
The seminar chairperson, with the approval of the board of directors, shall determine seminar location.
19. The librarian requires a deposit of a $25.00 check before checking
out certain library items. The check will be held and not deposited for a period of 60 days if items are returned undamaged. Replacement cost of the item will be charged for damaged or unreturned item.
20. Funds for SDP Conference delegate shall be included in the
annual budget for the president to attend functions that will benefit the Chapter. In the event the president does not attend the Conference, a delegate can be designated by the Board with approval from the membership.
- Current SDP charms for officers and committee chairmen shall be
purchased by the Chapter.
22. All records are the property of the Chapter.
23. These standing rules may be amended by majority vote at any
meeting wherein there is a quorum. Any changes so made to
these standing rules are provisional and subject to approval by
the Society of Decorative Painters.
Standing Rules amended May 17, 1999
Standing Rules amended August 14, 2000
Standing Rules amended April 2001
Standing Rules amended September, 2003
Standing Rules amended September, 2005
Standing Rules amended September 13, 2008